4 Week regional Mental Health Campaign 2023
Building on the success of last year’s Autumn Campaign, HSC Trusts and PHA have, once again, worked in partnership to develop a campaign that will encourage people across the region to embrace and demonstrate this year’s theme;
“Creating hope, through action”
This year they are calling on people to ‘Walk & Talk’
Embracing the Take 5 messages to ‘Be Active’ and ‘Connect’
They would like to invite Workplaces to get involved in the campaign which will run for 4 weeks, from the 11th September to 9th October, marking the period between World Suicide Prevention day (10 September) and World Mental Health Day (10 October). Over the 4 weeks the campaign, aims to reach individuals and teams across the region, but they need your help and support.
Workplaces are key to promoting health and wellbeing, and many regularly demonstrate very practical ways that people can act, by implementing the Take 5 Steps to Wellbeing.
Here are a few suggestions of how you can support this year’s campaign:
- Share the campaign messages through your workplace social media to encourage your employees to get involved and organise a ‘Walk & Talk’ with a family member of friend.
- Organise a ‘Walk & Talk’ event in your workplace.
- Publicise an established local walking group, and encourage your employees to join it.
- Sustain ‘Walk & Talk’ after the campaign, organise for one or two staff members to attend Walk Leader training for your workplace and support them to set up a regular walking group.
- Share their training booklet with your employees and support them to attend a mental health or suicide prevention training course
You can find all the information and tools you need to take part in the campaign below or in the ‘Walk & Talk 2023’ section on www.mindingyourhead.info including the campaign booklet, training booklet, social media posts and information about Walk Leader Training, local walking groups, and walking route which you could follow on your ‘Walk & Talk’.
The Health Trusts and PHA look forward to working with you, let’s ‘Create Hope, through Action’ throughout Northern Ireland this autumn.