When sleep and safety collide:fatigue at work
Fatigue is said to cost the UK £115 - £240 million per year in terms of work accidents alone.
Often the root cause of major accidents fatigue can cause a person to be less alert, less able to process information, to have slower reaction times and less interest in working compared to a person who is not fatigued.
In this interesting presentation Dr. Alan Black, well known to the Safety Group, will cover:-
- The main factors that cause fatigue
- How fatigue affects an individual
- How to avoid or reduce fatigue
- The risks associated with coping with fatigue
- How to create an effective system for managing fatigue
- Comparing shift patterns and identification of when risks are highest
- Good practice shift rota design