Webinar: Mental Health First Aid
Series of 5 Workplace Mental Health webinars being delivered by the Workplace Health Leadership Group NI (WHLGNI).
The Mental Health First Aid Programme was first developed in Australia by Betty Kitchener and Anthony Jorm in 2000. Since then it has spread to many other countries including Northern Ireland.
The term is now well bedded into health and safety culture as organisations have realised the benefits it can have for both employers and employees.
Unfortunately, many managers generally don't know how to recognise mental health problems or what help is available.
Helen Gibson is the Regional Co-ordinator for Mental & Emotional Wellbeing & Suicide Prevention Training in the Public Health Agency. In her presentation she’ll cover
- What is Mental Health First Aid?
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- Introducing Mental Health First Aid into your workplace
- How to recruit Mental Health First Aiders in the workplace
- How can Mental Health First Aiders be supported in the workplace?
- Q & A
Register your attendance at the book now button below.
Download the flyer below to see other webinars in the series or for forwarding on to others you feel would have an interest in the topic.