The collation and interpretation of accident statistics
Data can illustrate trends in workplace accidents/incidents and build a business case for action. But what statistical principles should health and safety managers apply and how should they use them?
- How best to collate information
- Ways of presenting data
- Commonly used ratios including accident incidence rate, accident frequency rate and accident severity rate and worked examples
- Creating health and safety management metrics and developing performance indicators
- Establishing patterns of performance over time versus measuring simple accident figures.
- Rates across various departments, sites or sectors
- Comparing like with like and benchmarking
- Limitations of interpreting results
- Implement and develop a continual improvement plan.
The presentation will be of interest to both expert or novice as well all strive for improvement.