Strategic safety and leading your safety team to get positive results
NI Safety Group are delighted to welcome as the April speaker Matt Humphreys, Head of Safety, Health & Quality at BIFFA Group Ltd.
The bulk of Matt’s experience has been working closely with senior business leaders to influence strategic cultural change from the top down, most recently with the waste & recycling group BIFFA.
A seasoned senior H & S professional, Matt’s experience is in improving safety in a number of sectors. He’ll cover:-
- How to get the CEO and the Board on board
- Changing your own team’s culture – managers to coaches
- Importance of great Governance
- Setting the foundations – IMS, clear responsibilities, governance etc.
- Changing behaviour – “I for safety” – ownership, Integrity, Innovation, inspiration, initiative
- Monitoring & reporting performance – leading & lagging indicators - is it working?
- Targeted interventions – focus on those that need help
- Celebrating success – using it to drive further improvement
- Keeping it fresh – maintaining momentum