Reviewing health, safety & wellbeing planning and policies -What your Board really look for + launch of the 2013 Safety Awards
Nick Fletcher, Operations Director for Laing O'Rourke has a wealth of experience in this area having spent over 25 years as a Director, sitting on the Board for both Laing O'Rourke and Lagan.
From a Board level he'll look at -
● Ensuring health and safety policy reflects the organisation's current priorities, plans and targets;
● Effective risk management reporting systems
● Dealing with shortcomings and the effects of decisions made by the Board
● Embedding changes that are made
In relation to planning he'll look at :-
● Setting H & S performance standards
● Continually checking that standards are being met.
● Encouraging pro-active H & S management,
● Agreeing targets with managers, supervisors and employees
● Design of tasks, processes, equipment, products/services with regard to health and safety
● Purchasing and supply policy
● Procedures to deal with serious and imminent danger
● Co-operation with other employers, contractors, neighbours etc.