Personal Safety & Conflict Management at Work
Many people think that violence at work consists of a physical attack on a member of the workforce by a member of the public.
However, in the context of health and safety within the workplace, the term 'violence at work' has been broadened to encompass any kind of abusive or aggressive behaviour that might contribute in inflicting physical or psychological harm to the victim.
Outline the law and legal position
- Demonstrate how to identify risks & prevent threats to personal safety
- Show how to understand behaviours that trigger aggression
- Provide examples of how to create awareness and safety in your daily routine
- Show how to develop good practice procedures.
- Look at what should be in your policy.
Speakers: Colum Jordan & David Toney