Here comes the judge!
Whether you are a regular attendee or have never stepped inside a courtroom most of us won’t know what happens in the background.
For Barrister Ronan Daly the courtroom is his workplace. He has been involved in many health and safety proceedings through his practice.
In his presentation he’ll take us behind the scenes and give us a judge’s view of the courtroom procedures. As well as talking about Corporate Manslaughter he’ll touch on:
- The judge’s role
- How a judge arrives at a decision (methodology)
- Factors in reaching a guilty or innocent verdict
- Applying decisions in previous cases
- Handling bias
- Interpretation of the new sentencing guidelines
- The importance of witnesses and evidence
- Legal Privilege – a judge’s view
Booking details (and location) will be released closer to the date.
This meeting will revert to being held online if physical meetings are still not allowed.