Health & Safety Legislative Comparisons between NI, RoI and GB
The broad brush strokes of health and safety legislation remain similar in the different jurisdictions covering the UK.
Although all have a common purpose and very similar they are not identical.
Understanding the nuances can save you time and assist greatly with your understanding.
Laura Gillespie, Legal Director, Pinsent Masons in her presentation will compare and contrast the different jurisdictions to ensure you don't find your efforts lost in translation.
Laura will cover:-
- How your requirements/responsibilities differ between the jurisdictions
- Legislative frameworks
- The nuances in the different legal environments
- The Courts structure
- The differences in terminology
- How meaning and interpretation may not always be identical
- The differences in how each enforcing authority implements the legislation
- Obligations communicating with employees
- How the different authorities update changes
- Gaining access to information (especially in RoI) and where you find it
Thanks to WH Alexander (Civil Engineering) Ltd for sponsoring this meeting.