Effective Crisis Management - following a major accident /incident
Having examined the internal aspects of health and safety investigations at the August 2013 meeting, this follow on session aims to give a holistic overview of preparing for effective crisis management with a specific focus on the external health and safety investigation.
Taking a similar format as before we'll look at the ‘pre, during and post phases'.
This will cover:-
- What you MUST have in your Crisis Management Procedures.
- What the regulator's powers really are.
- Understanding and coping with an external investigation.
- How you handle document and interview requests, what is reasonable and what isn't.
- How you action the lessons learnt and show leadership for the future.
Finishing on a discussion of INDG417 "Leading in Health and Safety" the seminar aims to walk attendees through the process whilst at the same time acknowledging that major accidents/incidents are real and traumatic events with very significant human, organisational, financial and legal implications.
We can only learn through a willingness to embrace knowledge and this seminar aims to facilitate just that.
Speaker: Ashleigh Birkett, Associate, Carson McDowell
Supported by: Tom Stephenson, Balcas
THIS MEETING IS ALSO THE AGM
WILL NOT FINISH UNTIL 4.30pmBack