Asbestos - The Control of Asbestos Regulations (NI) 2012 - the changes
The Control of Asbestos Regulations (NI) 2012 come into force on Monday 28th May 2012, updating previous asbestos regulations to take account of the European Commission's view that the UK had not fully implemented the EU Directive on exposure to asbestos (Directive 2009/148/EC).
This creates a new category of asbestos work namely Notifiable Non-Licensed Work (NNLW).
The meeting will cover the changes.
Dr. Rowland Jones, Senior Inspector, HSENI will outline:-
- What are the changes in the legislation
- Why they have been introduced
- Employers' additional responsibilities and how to implement them
- What asbestos containing materials (acm's) fall into the new category of non-licensed but notifiable
- How asbestos work will be categorised
- what is meant by friability?
- what are the penalties for getting it wrong?
- and how to ensure you meet your statutory obligations.
This meeting is being run jointly with CITB-ConstructionSkillsNI
You can pre book using the button below.Back